Friday, June 7, 2013

Weird Feelings

Well, this week went fast! And, at the same time, slow!
Last night, I was sitting with my youngest two children as tears were rolling down their cheeks.
"Mommy, why do you have to go?" "I'm going to miss you." "Did you want to spend time with the orphans more than us?"
This is the stuff that breaks a mamma's heart!
I have a few things on the agenda today. I teach a fitness class. Need to pick up a few last minute items up at the store. We are going to take a short self-defense class.
I am very excited to see what is in store for us at Belize, but I am also very sad already - I already miss the half of my family that will stay behind and I want to spend every minute I can close to them now! Time is ticking!


It's strange feeling I feel as I am trying to breathe in and take total advantage of each minute I have with my pets, my husband and my younger two daughters. I don't want to take advantage of the time we have as it closes in.
It sure is a weird feeling packing up to go on a mission trip, too. Let's be honest, I usually over pack. I take extras of lots of things- 'just in case'. This trip- I have packed- and the things I have packed I am not necessarily planning to return with. I have heard from friends who have done trips like this before that the people in these places welcome the clothing and little gifts you leave behind. 


                                              


So....I am going to go spend some time now.... enjoying my little bit of time left here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment